LSIW21 – State Street Bank International – How is ESG integration consistent with financial market theory and the experience of Alpha generation in portfolio management practice
Please note, this session will be digital.
LuxFLAG is pleased to organize a session in partnership with State Street Bank International
during the LuxFLAG Sustainable Investment Week:
Thursday 14 October
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
How is ESG integration consistent with financial market theory and the experience of Alpha generation in portfolio management practice.
One of the most common challenges for portfolio managers seeking to integrate ESG factors into their investment decisions is understanding whether ESG might dampen portfolio returns.
In this session we will explore market efficiencies and the theoretical impacts of ESG strategies, together with a practical view on how asset managers deal with the equation of generating alpha and respecting their environmental, social and governance (ESG) ambitions.
- Rick Lacaille – State Street, Senior Investment Advisor and Global Head of ESG
- Michael Halling – University of Luxembourg, Professor of Finance
- Nicola Cortassa – Eurizon Capital SA, Senior Portfolio Manager – US and European Equity
- Remi Olu-Pitan – Multi Asset Fund Manager, Schroders
- Antoine Delporte – Product Manager, State Street (moderator)